Supply Terms and Conditions
This page (together with the documents expressly referred to on it) tells you about us and the legal terms and conditions ("Terms") on which we sell any of the products ("Products") listed on our website at www.cambridgesatchel.co.uk / www.cambridgesatchel.com ("our site") to you, in your capacity as a consumer. The supply of Products to you is strictly not for commercial or business use or resale. If you would like to talk to us about becoming one of our authorised retailers, please contact us on the contact details given below.
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Products to you ("Contract") and replace any previous terms and conditions we may have uploaded to our site. Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them before ordering any Products from our site. Please note that by ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these Terms and the other documents expressly referred to in them.
Please tick the relevant checkbox when prompted to confirm you accept the terms and conditions. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Products from our site.
You should print a copy of these Terms or save them to your computer for future reference.
We amend these Terms from time to time as set out in clause 8. Every time you wish to order Products, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time.
As from Friday 2nd October 2015, the shipping process with regards to deliveries to China has been changed – please refer to clause 12 for further information.
1. Information About Us
- 1.1 We operate the website www.cambridgesatchel.co.uk. We also own the domain at www.cambridgesatchel.com. We are The Cambridge Satchel Company Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 06763257 and with our registered office at c/o The Cambridge Satchel Company, Lower Ground 5, Copley Hill Business Park, Cambridge Road, Babraham, Cambridgeshire CB22 3GN. Our VAT number is 946217219.
2. Our Products
3. Use Of Our Site
- 3.1 Your use of our site is governed by our Terms of website use. Please take the time to read these, as they include important terms which apply to you.
4. How We Use Your Personal Information
5. Consumer Rights
- 5.1 As a consumer, you may only purchase Products from our site if you are at least 18 years old.
- 5.2 We intend to rely upon these Terms and any document expressly referred to in them in relation to the Contract between you and us. While we accept responsibility for statements and representations made by our duly authorised agents, please make sure you ask for any variations from these Terms to be confirmed in writing.
- 5.3 As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms will affect these legal rights.
6. If You Are A Business Customer
- This clause 6 only applies if you are a business, purchasing the Products for internal use and not for resale.
- 6.1 You confirm that you have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use our site to purchase Products.
7. How The Contract Is Formed Between You And Us
- 7.1 To place an order on our site, simply click on the design of your choice, select the size, colour and any personalisation that you prefer, and click the "Add to Basket" button. When you have finished shopping, click the "Go to my Basket" button and follow the instructions.
- 7.2 Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process as any amendments to your order cannot be guaranteed after you have submitted your order.
- 7.3 After you place an order, you will either receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order, or a page will be generated on our website, acknowledging your order. Please either print or note carefully the details of that page. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Our acceptance of your order will take place as described in clause 7.4.
- 7.4 Our acceptance of your order will be generated when our carrier sends you an email containing the tracking details of the parcel containing your order, and confirming that the Products have been dispatched ("Dispatch Confirmation"). The Contract between us will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
- 7.5 If we are unable to supply you with a Product, for example because the materials from which your Product is to be made are no longer available or because of an error in the price on our site as referred to in clause 12.4, we will inform you of this by e-mail and we will not process your order. If we are able to, we will offer you the nearest alternative or if you would prefer, we will refund you the full amount as soon as possible, if you have already paid for the Products.
8. Your Cancellation And Refund Rights As A Consumer
- 8.1 The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 will apply to any Contract formed through our site where you are a consumer. These regulations entitle consumers to cancel an order during the period set out in clause 8.3 below, and receive a refund. There are exceptions to which this cancellation right does not apply, which include but are not limited to made-to-order or customised (for example, embossed) Products. All our Products are hand-made to order. Once you place an order for our Products, we will take that as your confirmation to us to commence making your Product, in which case you will no longer be able to cancel the Contract. Advice about your right to cancel is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau.
- 8.2 There may be occasions when we are selling Products, which although they are hand-made, are not made specially to order (for example samples). These Products will be identified as such, so that you will know this is the case when you place your order. In this case, the right to cancel referred to in clause 9.1 above will apply. Your legal right to cancel a Contract starts from the date of the Dispatch Confirmation, which is when the Contract between us is formed. If the Products have already been delivered to you, you have a period of 14 working days in which you may cancel, starting from the day after the day you receive the Products. Working days means that Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays are not included in this period.
- 8.3 To cancel a Contract, please e-mail us as soon as possible after you have completed your transaction at firstname.lastname@example.org or up to 1 hour after you have completed your transaction, although this does not guarantee we will be able to cancel your order. You may wish to keep a copy of your cancellation notification for your own records. For products delivered to China, please see clause 12.
- 8.4 You will receive a full refund of the price you paid for the Products and any applicable delivery charges you paid for. We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 calendar days of the day on which you gave us notice of cancellation as described in clause 8.3. If you returned the Products to us because they were faulty or mis-described, please see clause 8.5. For products delivered to China, please see clause 12.
- 8.5 If you have returned the Products to us under this clause 8 because they are faulty or mis-described, we will either offer you a replacement Product or refund the price of a defective Product in full, any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us. For products delivered to China, please see clause 12.
- 8.6 For products delivered to China, please see clause 12.
- 8.7 We will refund you on the credit card or debit card used by you to pay.
- 8.8 If the Products were delivered to you:
- 8.8.1 you must return the Products to the Returns Department at the Head Office as soon as reasonably practicable;
- 8.8.2 unless the Products are faulty or not as described (in this case, see clause 8.5), you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Products to us;
- 8.8.3 you have a legal obligation to keep the Products in your possession and to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession.
- 8.8.4 Details of your legal right to cancel and an explanation of how to exercise it are provided in the Dispatch Confirmation.
9. Our Right To Vary These Terms
- 9.1 We reserve the right to revise these Terms from time to time.
- 9.2 Every time you order Products from us, the Terms in force at that time will apply to the Contract between you and us.
- 9.3 Whenever we revise these Terms in accordance with this clause 8, we will keep you informed and give you notice of this by stating that these Terms have been amended and the relevant date at the top of this page.
- 10.1 Your order will be fulfilled by the estimated delivery date set out in the Dispatch Confirmation, unless there is an Event Outside Our Control (as defined in clause 18.2 below). If we are unable to meet the estimated delivery date because of an Event Outside Our Control, we will contact you with a revised estimated delivery date. Please note that since our Products are hand-made to order, it will take approximately 3 working days for us to complete the manufacture and dispatch to you of your Products. Please allow an extra 3 working days for products that have been embossed or personalised. Some exclusions apply, in which case, it will be noted in the product description. In some cases, it may take longer, in which case, we will notify you accordingly. Please check our delivery and returns page for all delivery details.
- 10.2 Delivery will be completed when we deliver the Products to the address you gave us.
- 10.3 If no one is available at your address to take delivery, we will leave you a note that the Products have been returned to our premises or to the relevant delivery depot, in which case, please contact us to rearrange delivery, or if returned to depot, please contact the details given on the note.
- 10.4 The Products will be your responsibility from the point at which we first attempt delivery, whether you take delivery or not.
- 10.5 You own the Products once we have received payment in full, including all applicable delivery charges.
- 10.6 For multiple item orders, each item may be shipped separately.
11. International Delivery
- 11.1 We deliver to the countries listed on our FAQ page ("International Delivery Destinations"). We may also deliver to other countries. Please contact us for further information in this regard. There may be restrictions on some Products for certain International Delivery Destinations, so please review the information on that page carefully before ordering Products.
- 11.2 Except for deliveries to China (of which see 12.1 below) if you order from our site for delivery to one of the International Delivery Destinations, your order may be subject to import duties and taxes which are applied when the delivery reaches that destination. Please note that we have no control over these charges and we cannot predict their amount.
11.3 You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties, taxes and admin fees incurred. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
11.4 You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined. We will not be liable or responsible if you break any such law.
12. Deliveries to China
- 12.1 All orders to China placed from Friday 2nd October 2015 are shipped on a DDP (Delivery Duty Paid) basis, which means that all relevant import taxes and duties will be included in the final purchase price during checkout. All orders placed before this date are shipped on a DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) basis and are subject to all charges outlined in section 11.
- 12.2 If we have despatched your order and you decide to return the order to The Cambridge Satchel Company and/or you do not wish to accept this, then you will be refunded the price of the items only and not the DDP amount. This excludes any faulty or misdescribe items as outlined in clause 9.5
- 12.3 However, if you cancel your order before despatch then the price of the products and the full DDP amount will be refunded to you. Cancellations terms and conditions apply in clause 9 and also on your order confirmation email. Please be aware that items that have been embossed cannot be cancelled or refunded.
13. Price Of Products And Delivery Charges
- 13.1 The prices of the Products will be as quoted on our site or in our catalogue from time to time. We use our best efforts to ensure that the prices of Products are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. However if we discover an error in the price of Product(s) you ordered, please see clause 13.4 for what happens in this event.
- 13.2 Prices for our Products may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order which we have confirmed with a Dispatch Confirmation or if relevant, a manufacture confirmation.
- 13.3 The price of a Product does not include delivery charges. Our delivery charges are as quoted on our site from time to time. To check relevant delivery charges, please refer to our FAQ page.
- 13.4 Our site contains a large number of Products. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Products or delivery costs detailed on our site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that:
- 13.4.1 where the Product's correct price or the delivery charge is less than the price stated on our site, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Products to you. However, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mispricing, we do not have to provide the Products or send them to you at the incorrect (lower) price; and
- 13.4.2 if the Product's correct price or the delivery charge is higher than the price stated on our site, we will contact you as soon as possible to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the Product at the correct price or amending your delivery specification (if the mispricing relates to delivery charges), or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing.
- 13.5 We may from time-to-time offer discount vouchers as a result of your purchase of Products from our site. All such vouchers are personal to the person who placed the order and are strictly non-transferrable. We will not honour any discount voucher codes which were not provided by us to you directly. Unless otherwise stated, discount voucher codes are not valid on the purchase of gift cards.
13.6 We may from time to time offer discounts on delivery charges. For more specific terms which relate to these discounts, please refer to our Promotional Terms and Conditions. Please note that in placing an order which takes advantage of such a discount you are agreeing to the Promotional Terms and Conditions in addition to the Standard Supply Terms and Conditions.
14. How To Pay
- 14.1 You can only pay for Products using a debit card or credit card. We accept all major credit and debit cards.
- 14.2 Payment for the Products and all applicable delivery charges is in advance.
15. Gift Vouchers and Cards
15.1 Gift Vouchers were supplied via our website prior to 12/12/2013.
- 15.2 Gift vouchers we supply via our website are only redeemable through our website, and in pounds sterling and US dollars. They are not currently redeemable through our stores or when transacting in RMB or EUR.
- 15.3 Gift vouchers can be used as full or part payment for Products. If the total order value exceeds the value of the gift voucher, the remaining balance must be paid by credit or debit card.
- 15.4 Purchases made with gift vouchers can be exchanged (except made-to-order or customised Products) but cannot be refunded for cash. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- 15.5 Gift vouchers cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Please treat them like cash.
- 15.6 Gift vouchers must be redeemed within 12 months from date of purchase.
- 15.7 Purchases made using a gift voucher will be subject to these Terms and any other terms and conditions specific to the gift vouchers, which may apply from time-to-time.
- 15.8 Gift Cards are supplied via our website and from CSC retails stores, currently in Rose Crescent, Covent Garden and Spitalfields, from 12/12/2013.
- 15.9 All CSC Gift Cards must be redeemed within 12 months of purchase, after which they will expire.
- 15.10 CSC Gift Cards may be applied to purchases made in the CSC retail stores, currently in Rose Crescent, Covent Garden and Spitalfields, and online at www.cambridgesatchel.com ("the CSC Site").
- 15.11 CSC Gift Cards may not be redeemed at any other retail location or on any other website.
- 15.12 CSC Gift Cards are not redeemable for cash and cannot be used to purchase further CSC Gift Cards.
- 15.13 CSC accepts no liability in respect of lost, stolen or damaged CSC Gift Cards.
- 15.14 Purchases made at the CSC Site are governed by the Terms and Conditions of Supply for the CSC Site available at the CSC Site.
15.15 The $US Gift vouchers/gift cards we supply via our website (www.cambridgesatchel.com/us) are only redeemable through our website, and in US Dollars. They are not redeemable through any other websites, concessions or our stores.
15.16 $US Gift vouchers/gift cards can be used as full or part payment for Products via our website. If the total order value exceeds the value of the gift voucher, the remaining balance must be paid by credit or debit card or any other method of payment that we may accept from time to time.
15.17 Purchases made fully or partly with $US Gift vouchers/gift cards can be exchanged (except made-to-order or customised Products) but cannot be refunded for cash. Your statutory rights, as afforded to consumers in the UK, are not affected.
15.18 $US Gift vouchers/gift cards can only be shipped the USA and Products purchased using $US Gift vouchers/gift cards may only be shipped to addresses in the USA. If ordered with other items $US Gift vouchers/gift cards may be shipped separately.
15.19 $US Gift vouchers/gift cards cannot be replaced if damaged, lost or stolen. Please treat them like cash.
15.20 $US Gift vouchers/gift cards must be redeemed within 5 years from date of purchase after which time they will expire.
15.21 $US Gift vouchers/gift cards are not credit or debit cards, and have no implied warranties.
15.22 $US Gift vouchers/gift cards are non-refundable and will not be redeemed or exchanged for cash or credit.
15.23 $US Gift vouchers/gift cards are only available for purchase in the values in which they are offered for sale on our website, from time to time and cannot be purchased using promotional offers or discounts.
15.24 Purchases made using a $US Gift vouchers/gift cards will be subject to these Terms (including English law and jurisdiction) and any other terms and conditions specific to the gift vouchers, which may apply from time-to-time.
16. Product Guarantee
- 16.1 We strive to make sure every item we sell is perfect, and in the unlikely event that a Cambridge satchel product does not match up to our high standards we will try our hardest to address the problem.
- 16.2 Our leather bags and accessories all carry a 12-month guarantee. If within this period you find fault with your product, we offer a repair or replacement service at no extra cost to you.
- 16.3 Should you have any concerns with your purchase outside of this period then please do let us know, as we will endeavour to assist you and offer a repair where possible however there may be a small charge for any repairs outside of the guarantee but we will always advice of any cost’s before we proceed.
- 16.7 Please note an original proof of purchase will be required.
- 17.1 By entering a competition with us you are agreeing that you are 18 years old or over.
- 17.2 Only one entry per person is permitted.
- 17.3 Entries will only be accepted through our site. Any entries made by telephone, post or email will not be considered.
- 17.4 All winners will be notified by email and/or telephone within 24 hours of the competition ending. Failure by you to respond such a notification within 48 hours will result in another winner being chosen.
- 17.5 The prize is non-refundable and non-exchangeable. We reserve the right to provide a substitute prize of similar value should the prize become unavailable due to reasons beyond our control.
- 17.6 We will endeavor to send prizes with 5 working days of the competition end date but cannot guarantee this delivery time.
- 17.7 We reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition and/or competition rules without notice.
- 17.8 Entry constitutes acceptance of these Terms as final and binding. Entries not in accordance with these Terms will be disqualified.
- 17.9 We reserve the right to use your personal details for promotion and publicity activity. By entering a competition you consent to the use of your personal data in this way.
- 17.10 If you win Products from our site for delivery to one of the International Delivery Destinations, your delivery may be subject to import duties and taxes which are applied when the delivery reaches that destination. Please note that we have no control over these charges and we cannot predict their amount.
- 17.11 You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
- 17.12 You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined. We will not be liable or responsible if you break any such law.
18. Our Liability If You Are A Business
- This clause 18 only applies if you are a business customer, purchasing the Products for internal use and not for resale.
- 18.1 We only supply the Products for internal use by your business, and you agree not to use the Product for any re-sale purposes.
- 18.2 Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes our liability for:
- 18.2.1 death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- 18.2.2 fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- 18.2.3 breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession); or
- 18.2.4 defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- 18.3 Subject to clause 18.2, we will under no circumstances whatever be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Contract for:
- 18.3.1 any loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- 18.3.2 loss or corruption of data, information or software;
- 18.3.3 loss of business opportunity;
- 18.3.4 loss of anticipated savings;
- 18.3.5 loss of goodwill; or
- 18.3.6 any indirect or consequential loss.
- 18.4 Subject to clause 18.2 and clause 18.3, our total liability to you in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with the Contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed the price paid for the Products.
- 18.5 Except as expressly stated in these Terms, we do not give any representation, warranties or undertakings in relation to the Products. Any representation, condition or warranty which might be implied or incorporated into these Terms by statute, common law or otherwise is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. In particular, we will not be responsible for ensuring that the Products are suitable for your purposes.
19. Our Liability To You As A Consumer
- This clause 19 only applies to you if you are a consumer.
- 19.1 If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage are foreseeable if they are an obvious consequence of our breach or if they are contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into the Contract.
- 19.2 We only supply the Products for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Products for any commercial, business or re-sale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- 19.3 We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
- 19.3.1 death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- 19.3.2 fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- 19.3.3 any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession);
- 19.3.4 any breach of the terms implied by section 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples); and
- 19.3.5 defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
20. Events Outside Our Control
- 20.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control is defined below in clause 20.2.
- 20.2 An "Event Outside Our Control" means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of utilities services or public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- 20.3 If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract:
- 20.3.1 we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- 20.3.2 our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of Products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
21. Communications Between Us
- 21.1 When we refer, in these Terms, to "in writing", this will include e-mail.
- 21.2 If you wish to contact us in writing, or if any clause in these Terms requires you to give us notice in writing, you can send this to us by e-mail or by pre-paid post to the Cambridge Satchel Company Limited at the address given above and/or email@example.com. We will confirm receipt of this by contacting you in writing, normally by e-mail. If you are a consumer and exercising your right to cancel under clause 9, please see that clause 9 for how to tell us this.
- 21.3 If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail or by pre-paid post to the address you provide to us in your order.
- 21.4 If you are a business, please note that any notice given by you to us, or by us to you, will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or 3 days after the date of posting of any letter (if posted using first class post and you are in the UK) or 10 days after the date of posting (if you are outside the UK). In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail, that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
22. Other Important Terms
- 22.1 We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms.
- 22.2 You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
- 22.3 This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties Act) 1999 or otherwise.
- 22.4 If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of a Contract (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of the Contract shall not be affected.
- 22.5 If any invalid, unenforceable or illegal provision of a Contract would be valid, enforceable and legal if some part of it were deleted, the provision shall apply with the minimum modification necessary to make it legal, valid and enforceable.
- 22.6 A waiver of any right or remedy under a Contract is only effective if given in writing and shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default. No failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under a Contract or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy shall preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
- 22.7 If you are a consumer, please note that these Terms are governed by English law. This means a Contract for the purchase of Products through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction, however we reserve the right to bring proceedings against customers in the countries of their residence.
- 22.8 If you are a business, these Terms are governed by English law. This means that a Contract, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims), will be governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, however we reserve the right to bring proceedings against customers in the countries of their residence.